Coordinate measuring machine allows inspecting gears with standard and nonstandard original profiles, also in accordance with GOSTs and other proprietary designs.
Inspected gears include:
- external and internal spur gears;
- straight bevel gears with spiral teeth, including hypoid gears;
- worm gears;
- spline joints.
During measurement of gears the following parameters are inspected:
- average base tangent length;
- base tangent length;
- radial run-out;
- accumulative pitch error;
- pitch variation;
- tooth profile error;
- helix error;
- base tangent length variation;
- average constant chordal tooth thickness;
- variation of constant chordal tooth thickness;
- helix angle (for helical gears);
- spiral angle error (for gears with spiral teeth);
- lead variation (for worm gears).